Need an essay written by an expert? Click order now below to place an order.
FINAL RESEARCH PAPER
1. A link to the LIST of topics for the Final Research Paper can be found in an announcement on
BlackBoard. Remember your password in case you decide to change your topic later!
2. Summarize the project by reporting such things as WHEN and WHERE it was constructed, the
SIZE, the CIVILIZATION that built it and the CULTURE that was prevalent at the time, and
any other important information concerning this project.
3. Describe HOW this project was built, based on your own research and understanding of what was
available. You should at a minimum address such items as: the MATERIALS,
CONSTRUCTION METHODS, TOOLS and EQUIPMENT used, and the LABOR FORCE.
(Hint – this is at least 25% of your grade)
4. Then give your best analysis of how you think such a project would be built IF IT WAS BUILT
TODAY! Speculate, be creative, make assumptions – whatever it takes! (Hint – this is at least
25% of your grade)
5. The number of pages in the body of the report is 10 pages. (this does NOT include the cover page,
abstract or reference page!). The report is to be computer generated, 12-font, 1” margins, doublespaced
with page numbers in the lower right corner. Any graphical information – sketches, photos,
maps, etc., will be counted in the 10 pages – up to a limit of 3 pages!
6. You MUST have a cover page on a separate page. Then a 100-word (maximum) abstract, titled
“Abstract” on a separate page. Followed by the 10 pages of the report. Then the references,
titled “References” on a separate page.
7. A minimum of three references are required and you must indicate in the text where each of the
references are being cited or quoted. Use MLA or APA format for references.
8. Check the announcements on BlackBoard for the exact due date. Late assignments will NOT be
9. Submit your report online through BlackBoard. Click on the “Assignments” button to find the
submit link. When you write and then submit your report use the following naming convention:
For example: Smith_John_Golden Gate Bridge.doc
10. Point value for this report is 250 points. Remember – get it “write” the first time – no re-writes.
Double check your work. Spelling, grammar and content all count – you must address all three!
CON 101 TTH 9:15-10:30
Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railway
The countryside between Chama, New Mexico and Antonio, Colorado changes
from rolling hills to narrow canyons to large mountain climbs. Thus, to create a railroad
between these to locations would require many different elements of construction
including bridges, and reshaping of landscape. This railroad is very impressive, for
example, the peak elevation of the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad 10,015 feet.
(Miniclier 2). This was the pinnacle of railroad engineering for years to come.
The Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railway was built in 1880 as part of the Rio
Grande’s San Juan extension. The railroad connects Chama, New Mexico and Antonio,
Colorado. This extension was built to serve the mining communities in the San Juan
Mountains in Southwestern Colorado. (Miniclier 4). At the time railroad were
constructed with 4 feet 8 ½ inches between the rails. However, the Cumbres and Toltec
was constructed all Rio Grande rails with only 3 feet in between rails. Thus, these
railroads were unable to exchange cars with other railroads.
Need a Professional Writer to Work on this Paper and Give you Original Paper? Click order now button below
proceed to order