Need an essay written by an expert? Click order now below to place an order.
Week One Individual Assignment: Journal Entry of a Subordinate Group Member· Resources:
Ch. 1 in Racial and Ethnic Groups and U.S. Census Bureau American FactFinder Web siteETH 125 Cultural DiversityCourse Syllabus Page 12
· Due Date: Day 7 [post to the Individual forum]
· Select any of the subordinate groups from Ch. 1 of the text, provided below. Because thechapter does not list all subordinate groups, you may select any other group that has adocumented history in the United States.Subordinate Groups: Native Americans, African Americans, Chinese Americans,Japanese Americans, Arab Americans, Filipino Americans,
Korean Americans,Vietnamese Americans, Asian Indians, Hawaiians, Irish Americans, Polish Americans,Norwegian Americans, Jewish Americans, Cuban Americans, Mexican Americans, andPuerto Ricans.· Identify and describe which, if any, of these creation and consequence situations thegroup has faced:
· Creation: migration, annexation, or colonizationo Consequences: extermination, expulsion, secession, segregation, fusion, orassimilation
· Write a fictional, first-person account of the creation and consequence situations of asubordinate group in the United States in the form of a 700- to 1,050-word journal entry.
· Describe, as if you were a member of that subordinate group, where the grouporiginated, how it came to the United States, and one or two locations in the UnitedStates where members of your group live. Be creative in your fictional descriptions, butaccurate with your facts.
· Search through chapters of the text, the Internet, or theUniversity Library for information about your chosen group. Of particular usefulness is thePeople section of the U.S. Census Bureau American Fact Finder Web site athttp://factfinder.census.gov/
Need a Professional Writer to Work on this Paper and Give you Original Paper? Click order now button below
proceed to order