Grandmother Ella has been dealing with cancer for years now and has tried alternative remedies and juicing. She went into remission for some time, but now the cancer has returned and she is in the hospital. Her husband, of American Indian descent, has his ideas about what needs to be done as Ella comes to the end of her life. Ella has her preferences, though she is now so weak that she has given up in many ways. The family members are each experiencing their own fears and are grieving as they face the loss that will occur as Ellas life comes to a close. Ella prefers to die at home and has felt stressed by the discord and discomfort of family members since being hospitalized.
You are the social worker for this case. You meet this family in the hospital setting as they are considering whether the patient will remain there for her final days or whether hospice and palliative care will be provided for her in her home.
For this assignment, you will:
- Synthesize the current research that is relevant to this scenario.
- Discuss the cultural or traditional issues that could arise at this time. Consider how the integration of alternative and complementary medicine and beliefs, mainstream medical practices, and cultural/traditional rituals and practices might create issues and what they might include.
Present the micro, mezzo, and macro influences affecting both the patient and the diverse family members in this scenario as impacted by Ellas medical condition and prognosis.
- Describe how the family might react to the following possible scenarios:
- Ella wishes to stick with alternative and complementary practices.
- Ella is coerced into following mainstream medical advice.
- Ellas husband insists that, as father and husband, his family traditions should be adhered to.
- Examine the biological basis for and describe how the choices for care might affect the other family members with respect to their individual problems, if at all.
- Son Sam, the alcoholic
- Daughter Lila, with diabetes
- Grandson Josh, starting to have drug problems
- Granddaughter Lucy, bipolar with more entrenched drug problems
- Daughter-in-law, Sarahs stress related to her familys medical issues (nephew with leukemia, brother with HIV, and her fathers perspective that they are all crazy!)
Discuss the relevant medical issues and the advantages and disadvantages of hospital versus home. When discussing medical issues in this case, use appropriate medical terminology.
Discuss the psychological and social issues that are present and will possibly be more pronounced at this stressful time. How has the fact that this illness has been ongoing (chronic) impacted the family?
Analyze the current scenario as pertaining to diversity, as well as to cultural, psychological and social perspectives and influences, taking into account the stories that you have been discussing throughout the course.
Consider the impact of each persons perspective as it pertains to their lifespan development (i.e., their intellect, cognitive abilities, insight, and judgment) as well as their sociocultural perspectives, preferences, understandings, and positions on the situation.
- What are the pertinent and likely family (micro) conflicts and differences, and concerns that could be encountered?
- How is the neighborhood and extended family (mezzo) reacting to the situation?
- If she returns home, what considerations need to be taken into account as part of her discharge plan? Using your local area, research and present the needed or preferred community resources (macro) that would be available to them. Critique the ability of these community resources to adequately meet the needs of this diverse familys circumstances.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Students name
- Course name and number
- Instructors name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources.
Must document all sources in APA style.
I’VE INCLUDED THE OUTLINE FOR YOUR REFERENCE
NEED TO MAKE AN ORDER? HERE IS HOW IT WORKS
You have just landed to the most confidential, trustful essay writing service to order the paper from. We have a dedicated team of professional writers who will assist you with any kind of assignment that you have. Your work is handled confidentially with a specific writer who ensures you are satisfied. Be assured of quality, unique and price friendly task delivered in good time when you place an order at our website.
We have a team of dedicated writers with degrees from all spheres of study. We readily accept all types of essays and we assure you of content that will meet your expectations. Our staff can be reached via live chat, email or by phone at any given time with prompt response.
Prices starting at:
$10 / page
$15 / page
Note: The prices in the table above are applicable to orders completed within 14 days. Kindly see the full price table for more prices..
We urge you to provide as much information as possible to avoid many revisions. Set your deadline, choose your level, give payment information and relax while you track your work. We will deliver your paper on time.
Are you in a quagmire and you are unable to complete your assignments? Do you doubt yourself on the quality of the essay you have written? Myprivatementor.com is here to assist you. We will offer you unmatched quality that is plagiarism free. Place an order at myprivatementor.com for guaranteed high grades.