Need an essay written by an expert? Click order now below to place an order.
It is Friday 10/04/2015. You are precepting a third year undergraduate nursing student (Jarrod Anthony) on clinical placement at Charles Darwin University Hospital, Paediatric Unit. In your patient load is Mitch Shannon, a 12 year old male admitted to hospital with rheumatic fever. Mitch is ordered 250mg of Abbocillin V 4/24. You and your student gave the 08:00 dose and there were no adverse effects. Mitch’s 12:00 dose is due. You are caught up with a parent of another patient until approx 12:15. As soon as you are free you go to seek out your student so that you can give Mitch’s 12:00 Abbocillin V. You hear the buzzer and look up to see it is Mitch’s room. When you arrive the students say “As you were caught up, I gave Mitch his Abbocillin V. A few minutes after he took the Abbocillin V he complained difficulty of breathing. I was just about to put some oxygen on”.
• Complete the incident report in template provided as the worker (approx 300 words).
• Define workplace health and safety. Determine the legal framework of health and safety in the workplace. Identify risk management strategies for students on clinical placement. Outline the procedure for dealing with a notifiable incident involving a student on clinical placement. Apply the scenario above (approx 1700 words).
Assessment template NUR345 Assignment 3 Template 2015.doc
• Use the assessment template provided
• In the assessment template, type in your details as prompted, complete the academic misconduct declaration as prompted and work through the checklist as prompted
• Complete the footer as prompted i.e. lastname_studentnumber_NUR345_ Assessment 3
• Format your assessment with size 12 point Arial font, single spacing in incident report; 1.5 line spacing for essay.
• Spelling and grammar check using English (Australia) default
• A minimum of 10 peer reviewed journals or texts no more than 5 years old.
• Use APA 6th referencing
• 2000 word limit (incident report; essay). End-of-text reference list NOT included in word count.
• Incident report should be written in the first person; worker’s perspective
• Essay should be written in the third person
• Use headings to signpost your work
• Save the final version of your paper using the filename of lastname_student number_NUR345_ Assessment 3
• Assignments MUST be submitted via Learnline system
Marking rubric NUR345 Assignment 3 Marking rubric 2015.docx
APA 6th referencing Dowlnload guide from the CDU library http://libguides.cdu.edu.au/cdureferencing
When writing your paper refer to the task, presentation guidelines, APA 6th referencing guide and the marking rubric.
Need a Professional Writer to Work on this Paper and Give you Original Paper? Click order now button below
proceed to order