Need an essay written by an expert? Click order now below to place an order.
Money Lenders – Banks, and Big Banks, and the Central Bank
Banks, and Big Banks, and the Central Bank
1. Explore on the Internet: Thomas Robert Malthus, The Federal Reserve Bank.
Look up on the Internet and learn about both the personal life and the economic thinking of a philosopher named Thomas Robert Malthus. You might also check his Society’s web page.
2. Teach the Course Instructor:
Write a 250-word essay titled, “The Life and Economic Thinking of Thomas Robert Malthus.” footnotes or bibliography included.
150 words on his life (for example, How did he make his living, was he ‘rich?’ What surprised you about his life?)
350 words on his economic ideas (for example, What does he predict will be the growth rate of population and that of food? What assumptions does he make as to technology? Given the knowledge of the events since his prediction, how have things turned out for China and India? Will Malthus be correct in 50 years? Defend your answer.
3. Money Lenders: 100-word answers.
1. Explain the name, creation, demise, and reincarnation of America’s Central Bank.
2. Should America have a central bank? To whom should it “report” (Congress, President, Nobody)?
3. What does the phrase/term ‘Open Market Operations’ mean?
4. Can the Fed work to “reverse” or “offset” or “conflict” with the economic plans of the President of the United States?
5. Name the new Chairman of the Fed? Once appointed to the Board of Governors. What does her husband do? Is he famous?
6. Can the President of the United States decide to curtail or change the Fed’s authority? Explain who has power to punish or change the FED?
7. Explain why big banks started to fail in 2007-2008? Who “saved” them? Detail your answer.
8. What “reforms” were enacted by Congress to prevent another crisis? Will another banking crisis happen again?
9. Explain what “Too big to fail means.” Do you have any suggestions on how to prevent big banks from failing?
4. What six things surprised you the most about these readings?
Need a Professional Writer to Work on this Paper and Give you Original Paper? Click order now button below
proceed to order