GRADING RUBRIC MUST BE FOLLOWED
ANY OUTSIDE RESOURCES MUST BE WITHIN 5 YEARS OLD
Create a 35-page directional strategy report, as if you were preparing to present your assessment to a representative panel of employee stakeholders of a health care organization.
Questions to Consider:
- What are the major categories of employee stakeholders in a health care organization of your choosing (such as executives, senior management, middle management, caregivers, maintenance, administrative support personnel, volunteers)?
- What role does the board of directors play in your health care organization?
- What are the important elements of an effective board of directors?
- What is the process your organization uses to select members?
- How effective is that process?
- What are industry best practices for selecting board members for a health care organization?
- How well do your organization’s strategies align with its published vision, mission, and values?
- How does this organization’s environment support or hinder its alignment with its vision, mission, and values?
Assessments 1 and 2 must be completed before beginning this assessment.
Analyze the relevance of the organization’s directional strategy, including its vision, mission, values, and organizational culture. The goal is to focus upon application of the concepts and new insight. Keep it brief and substantive. Note: Feel free to construct images/diagrams to summarize information where appropriate (for example, TOWS matrix
Complete the following:
- Review the mission, vision, and values statements of your health care organization.
- Examine how well each statement addresses the components of a directional strategy.
- Analyze the gap between the desired outcome and the actual state of the current environment.
- Analyze the organization’s directional strategy, including its vision, mission, and values.
- Examine the strategic “fit.”
- Does the directional strategy fit the environment?
- Is the organization headed in the right direction given the environmental assessment?
- Does growth make sense right now or does maintaining the status quo or even contraction make better sense?
- Recommend changes you would make to ensure a foundation necessary for the current structure and strategies of the organization. Note: Support your recommendations with relevant resources from the literature.
Organizational Ethics and Strategic Planning
These resources and articles help identify the decision-making process, considering mission, values, and ethics in the strategic planning process.
- Ginter, P. M., Duncan, W. J., & Swayne, L. E. (2013). Strategic management of health care organizations (7th ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Chapter 5, “Directional Strategies,” on pages 163204.
- Kotalik, J., Covino, C., Doucette, N., Henderson, S., Langlois, M., McDaid, K., & Pedri, L. M. (2014). Framework for ethical decision-making based on mission, vision and values of the institution. HEC Forum, 26(2), 125133.
- Kronenburg, M. A. (2014). Evaluating important healthcare management competency areas and preparation for healthcare reforms. International Journal of Business and Public Administration, 11(1), 3140.
- Maritan, C. A., & Lee, G. K. (2017). Resource allocation and strategy. Journal of Management, 43(8), 24112420.
- Newhouse, J. J., & Balotsky, E. R. (2013). Factors motivating hospital CEOs to commit to ethical integration in their institutions: A quantitative analysis. Journal of Leadership, Accountability and Ethics, 10(2), 4654.
- Scott, B. C. (2015). Hospital boardsWhy quality and safety matter. Physician Leadership Journal, 2(1), 6264.
These articles help identify the decision-making process and directional strategies for strategic planning.
NEED TO MAKE AN ORDER? HERE IS HOW IT WORKS
You have just landed to the most confidential, trustful essay writing service to order the paper from. We have a dedicated team of professional writers who will assist you with any kind of assignment that you have. Your work is handled confidentially with a specific writer who ensures you are satisfied. Be assured of quality, unique and price friendly task delivered in good time when you place an order at our website.
We have a team of dedicated writers with degrees from all spheres of study. We readily accept all types of essays and we assure you of content that will meet your expectations. Our staff can be reached via live chat, email or by phone at any given time with prompt response.
Prices starting at:
$10 / page
$15 / page
Note: The prices in the table above are applicable to orders completed within 14 days. Kindly see the full price table for more prices..
We urge you to provide as much information as possible to avoid many revisions. Set your deadline, choose your level, give payment information and relax while you track your work. We will deliver your paper on time.
Are you in a quagmire and you are unable to complete your assignments? Do you doubt yourself on the quality of the essay you have written? Myprivatementor.com is here to assist you. We will offer you unmatched quality that is plagiarism free. Place an order at myprivatementor.com for guaranteed high grades.