Need an essay written by an expert? Click order now below to place an order.
|Introduction to Developmental and Social Psychology|
This assignment tests the following Learning Outcomes for the module:
The ability to:
• Explain the underlying concepts and principles associated with Developmental Psychology.
Need help in this paper
Essay Plan: The essay plan helps to alleviate much of the anxiety associated with the introduction to degree level coursework, as students can plan, research and have the opportunity to discuss the structure and appropriateness of the content and references used. Your essay plan should be no longer than two sides of A4 plus a reference list.
Essay: The coursework essay focuses on one topic covered in the Developmental lifespan sessions and is prepared using the plan as a basis. This should be 1,500 words in length (+ or – 10%).
Please choose ONE of the questions below:
1. The lifespan perspective asserts that development is lifelong, multidirectional, highly plastic, and influenced by multiple, interacting forces. Evaluate this assertion using theory and research.
2. Outline the limitations of preoperational thought as proposed by Piaget. Discuss follow-up research on preoperational thought and its implications for the accuracy of Piaget’s preoperational stage.
3. Critically discuss the factors that influence the parent’s bond to the child and demonstrate using research how the quality of such bonds can affect the child’s later development.
4. Erikson (1950) proposed competence to be the healthy resolution of the industry vs inferiority stage of development. Critically discuss the accuracy of this proposition using theory and research.
5. Discuss the factors that contribute to the development of an individual’s moral reasoning, and evaluate whether moral reasoning is related to behaviour.
6. Using theory and research, critically discuss the suggestion that there is a new developmental period called emerging adulthood.
7. ‘Old age promises nothing but decline’. Critically discuss this statement using theory and research.
With regard to these pieces of coursework, you will be assessed in terms of your ability to demonstrate:
• Clarity of expression, appropriate writing style and coursework presentation
• Inclusion of appropriate psychological content
• Demonstrate understanding of relevant theory
• Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of theory using relevant research
• Consideration of gender, culture, and individual differences
• Discussion of methodological issues
• Appropriate in-text referencing and reference list
Need help in this paper
Need a Professional Writer to Work on this Paper and Give you Original Paper? Click order now button below
proceed to order