Need an essay written by an expert? Click order now below to place an order.
Was there scientific misconduct in the elucidation of the DNA double helix?
Critique on “The Double Helix” by James D. Watson, 1968.
Watch the movie “The Race for the Double Helix” and “Secrets of Photo 51” http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xitlyu_life-story-the-race-for-the-double-helix-1-2_shortfilms and http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xitmu3_life-story-the-race-for-the-double-helix-2-2_shortfilms
In YouTube “Secret of Photo 51 (NOVA)” Duration 55:00 http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=0tmNf6ec2kU
You are asked to write a 1.5-2 page critique related to possible scientific misconduct in the elucidation of the structure of DNA. Use your judgment on how you will get the most coverage for this paper.
Format to be followed is: 1.5-2 page, 1” margins, single space, arial font 12. Twenty references have to be included (not included in the 1.5-2 page space). Submit the paper as a pdf through SafeAssign
Use the format of Nature for the citation for your paper with the exception that you will include the title of the paper. See the Teixobaction paper for details
Among the issues in play that you should address are:
1) Historical context: Who were the four main scientists involved in the elucidation of the structure of DNA back in 1952? What was their background and describe their specific achievements within this accomplishment?
2) What role did Linus Pauling have in the whole process?
3) Did Roselyn Franklyn deserve a Nobel Prize for her participation in the DNA research? Justify you answer
4) Did Watson and Crick carry out any experimental research that supported their structure? Explain
5) Do you think that this was a team effort? Could any of the participating scientists come-up with the structure by themselves? Explain
6) Why was this structure so important? What is the significance of this achievement back in 1952? What impact does it have in today’s scientific knowledge?
Need a Professional Writer to Work on this Paper and Give you Original Paper? Click order now button below
proceed to order